The Way Made Plain in The Gospel of John
We may know we have a divine Savior.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
We may know the condition of salvation.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
We may know the steps in salvation:
(1.) Come to him. John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
(2.) Receive Him. John 1:12-13
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(3.) Believe in Him. John 6:47 Verily, verilly, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
(4.) Do His will. John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
We may know that we are saved John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
He may be kept safe by his power. John 10:27-30
27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28)And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30) I and my Father are one.
We may be guided in the way. John 14: 16-18
16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.